In today’s world of energy crises and security fears, we’ve sheltered ourselves in our tightly sealed homes, keeping the outside out. In the meantime, we’ve sealed some bad things in and created nest beds for harmful germs, gases and particle air pollutants.
A Natural Solution
Outdoors, nature has been solving the problem of air pollution naturally since the beginning of time. Sunlight and lightning disperse ultraviolet light, activated oxygen, and negatively charged ions to scrub the air clean by oxidizing pollutants and removing airborne particles. This is the same fresh, clean air often experienced after a thunderstorm.
Simply put, activTek systems bring nature’s outdoor solution inside, duplicating the natural air purification process and creating cleaner, fresher indoor air, naturally with ActivePure technology.
A Superior Solution
ACTIVTEK SENDS THE SOLUTION TO THE POLLUTION.
Before the development of activTek’s ActivePure technology, air purification relied mainly on passive systems like filters and ultraviolet solutions. These passive systems sit and wait for air to come to them before it can be treated, so only the air that passes through the system can be affected.
ActivePure sends the solution to the pollution, moving throughout your home to find and eliminate pollutants, even on surfaces where most mold, bacteria and viruses originate.
FIVE TECHNOLOGIES THAT POWER THE ACTIVTEK SOLUTION:
A high powered germicidal UV lamp provides deactivation of pathogens as they pass through, and the UVX light also activates our ActivePure (Radiant Catalytic Ionization) technology.
ActivePure combines high-intensity UVX light with a proprietary multimetallic coating to create Radiant Catalytic Ionization. This produces superoxide ions and hydro-peroxides that reduce airborne contaminants and odors.
A proprietary RF-type ionization system is used to emit energy waves up to 60 feet (even through walls) to charge ultra-fine particles in the air. Needlepoint Ionization disperses these negatively charged ions to attract airborne particles, helping to remove them from your breathing space. The optional Corona Discharge Plate produces activated oxygen to further treat the air.
ACTIVEPURE SIMPLY WORKS BETTER.
Unlike filters that can only catch particles that are .3 microns and larger, ActivePure reduces particle concentrations as small as .01 microns. UV lamps kill bacteria but don’t filter particles. And they only work if the bacteria is exposed to the UV light for a minimum length of time. ActivePure kills bacteria and reduces particles. And because it uses active technology, it treats pollutants at the source – even on SURFACES!
ACTIVEPURE IS A CERTIFIED SPACE TECHNOLOGY.
ActivePure technology is recognized as a Certified Space Technology for having effectively applied space-based technology to address the real and growing concern of indoor air pollution and improve the quality of life for people here on Earth. ActivePure uses RCI (Radiant Catalytic Ionization) technology originally developed in cooperation with NASA to clean the air in spacecraft.
ACTIVEPURE IS A PROVEN TECHNOLOGY.
The effectiveness of ActivePure technology has been qualified by multiple peer-reviewed university studies. It has been proven to eliminate up to 99.9% of ten of the most deadly forms of mold, fungi, bacteria and viruses on surfaces, as well as significantly reduce harmful particles in the air.
Call for your free building assessment today. CleanBriteTulsa.com
Tulsa’s Building are Unique And Require Specific Janitorial Cleaning.
Tulsa, the “Oil-Capital of the World” is unique in it’s history and in it’s future. Known for it’s unique art deco and contemporary architecture. Different buildings require different types of cleaning solutions and methods.
1. Nightly sweeping and mopping of floors by a trained technician. Removing dirt, dust, and spills on a regular basis is the best way to guarantee quality building maintenance.
2. Use warm-not hot water when mopping ceramic tile and hard floors. Hot water should only be used when stripping and waxing floors. The heat in water will break down the wax on the floors too soon and require extra maintenance hours to staff and refinish floors.
3. Vacuuming thoroughly will prolong carpet life. Nothing wears out a carpet quicker than not vacuuming thoroughly on a nightly basis. Dirt, sand, dust and debris works as sandpaper against the carpet fibers when people walk and accelerates the wear of the carpet and will need to be replaced much sooner than if the carpet was vacuumed regularly and cleaned as needed.
4. Let your building breathe. Just like humans-buildings need to breathe. Indoor air quality is greatly enhanced by vacuuming AND by letting in some air and sunshine. Especially in winter time when Tulsa, Oklahoma can be cold. For 20 minutes a few times a month let air circulate through the building. This will not only give employees a more healthy work environment but also less time off for sickness and that will make every Human Resources manager and CEO happy.
Stay healthy and clean and we can all be singing: “Take me out to the Ballpark…” at Tulsa Drillers Stadium-”Play Ball!”
Call Clean Brite today for your free Building Evaluation to determine the health of your building.
A Tulsa company is making a difference in the way employees and managers work. Working in a toxic free zone is important and makes for a better work environment.
Clean Brite, Inc. has been cleaning Tulsa’s facilities since 2000 and has helped many a facilities manager achieve greater indoor air quality, environmentally friendly homeostasis and workplace goodwill.
Some chemical stresses in the workplace include: toxins, smoke, chemicals, allergens & mold. When these types of chemicals, odors, toxins and spills are present in a Tulsa building the employees and staff can experience unpleasant reactions and side-effects. From decreased productivity to lost time from work and paid sick leave; HR managers, bosses and company owners are being pre-emptive and preventative and it is paying off in big ways.
Clean Brite Tulsa has been offering free Environmental Assessments for years. Certified as mold remediation specialists. Clean Brite offers: Mold spore detection, indoor air quality ratings, duct inspections and other indoor air quality measure are taken and a report of findings and actions for improvement are given to the facilities manager.
Many times a simple duct cleaning, air filter changing, carpet cleaning or switching to environmentally friendly, green cleaning products will help correct the situation. When duct cleaning or asbestos removal is needed the appropriate plans can be made to quickly and safely get the facility back to a healthy condition. Doing so can assure that Tulsa’s employees and employers are healthy and productive again.
Stay tuned for more quality information about positive information about quality workplace environmental best practices.
We will soon have the Free assessment posted on this website for you to guage the overall health and indoor air quality of your building.
Tips to Improve Indoor Air Quality in Tulsa
These days newer homes are made air-tight to make them highly energy efficient, but these homes are not very good at circulating fresh air. The same is true for Commercial buildings. In its place, fumes from paint, stains, furniture, carpets, and household cleaners build up in our homes and generate nasty levels of air pollution. According to US Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) indoor pollution levels are often at least two times higher than outdoor environment and occasionally up to 100 times higher. Therefore it is very important that we keep monitoring our indoor air quality and adopt a greener approach. If you don’t use a harmful chemical in the first place, then there is no question of cleaning it up, or be exposed to it, which is what preventing pollution is all about. Following is a list of the things you can do to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals to create a safer indoor living environment for you and your family.
• Keep away Mold and Mites: It is important that in the roof and attic design main considerations are taken to prevent the progress of moisture and managing the moisture to avoid condensation on building materials resulting in dust mites and mold spores. So fix leaky pipes and faucets instantly and pay attention that water slopes away from the foundation of your house.
• Let the air flow in. Increase ventilation rates and air distribution in your home. Mechanical ventilation systems must be used to exchange indoor air with a supply of relatively cleaner outdoor air. If you have few windows then consider using other means that of ventilation like exhaust fans particularly in bathrooms, attics, basements and garages.
• Remove your shoes before entering your home. Toxicologists have proved that removing shoes at the door will help keep out toxins for example lawn pesticides and factory chemicals that travel as minute particles.
• Place indoor plants that are smart in removing aerial contaminants in your home. With this you not only get natural decoration but it helps in improving the air quality within the home.
• When you buy household cleaners and Janitorial products, always look for labels that tell all of the chemicals that are used in cleaner. Be sure to avoid using cleaners that contain: Nonyl- and octyl-phenols which are used to make alkylphenol ethoxylate (APE) detergents.
• Paints release volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOC’s include known carcinogens or neurotoxins like benzene, formaldehyde, toluene and xylene. To avoid them go in for paints labeled low-biocide or VOC-free. Low-biocide means paint is up to 95% free of preservatives and fungicides-greatly affect indoor air quality in Tulsa.
• PVC, widely used in flooring, wall coverings, countertops, mini blinds, water pipes and window frames are known human carcinogens also linked to reproductive and immune disorders. So go in non-PVC wall and floor coverings to minimize potential exposure to these toxins.
• Plywood, oriented strand board, kitchen cabinets and home insulation are all products that can have formaldehyde, a known human cancer-causing chemical. Prefer solid woods and formaldehyde-free insulations while constructing or renovating your home or commercial office building in Tulsa, OK.
• Do not ever leave a car running even with the garage door open particularly if the garage is under the living area. Carbon monoxide can simply seep all the way through walls and floors. And test your house for radon.
• Tobacco smoke includes over 4,000 different chemicals, and smoking indoors is one of the most terrible things that you can do for your living environment. If you or your friends smoke, step outside to smoke and save your home and your health.
It is vital that we keep monitoring our indoor air quality and are aware of the environment where we spend most of our lives and improve it by adopting a greener approach. Check with your current Janitorial Company to monitor your indoor air and take the appropriate actions. If you are in Tulsa and would like a free Indoor Air Evaluation call Clean Brite Janitorial Company today.
The weather can do crazy things in Oklahoma. Old buildings have uniques issues and new buildings have their own set of issues. Add the crazy weather to the mix and employees can start sneezing and sharing germs and then you have a problem. There are some practical solutions to help with indoor air quality.
1. Let the building breathe.
Like pores on your skin, buildings need to be opened up so they can breathe. Especially in winter and summer months when every window may be locked down tight-A little breath of fresh air does everyone good.
2. Change air filters regularly and have a professional inspect your vents. Mold, mildew, dust mites, dander, parabens and other allergens can grow unchecked then, all of a sudden, the seasons change and when the air or heater is turned on for the first time in weeks the office is hit with a toxic air burst.
3. Nightly vacuuming of carpets with a triple filtration vacuum cleaner is very important. Vacuum cleaners with only a single or double filtration system emit large doses of dirt and dust back into the air. This has a negative effect on the air and the carpet because the dirt resettles on carpet and gets ground in as people walk and creates a sand paper affect that increases wear and creates more expense in the long term for the facility.
On a final note, many of the air deodorizers contain toxins or at the least irritating chemicals and fragrances that make your building smell nice but may irritate your employees. Check with your current Janitorial company to see if they care “Green Chemicals” and Green all natural deodorizers.